Friday, September 24, 2010

Playing a game of clue

So, the trip to Beverly Hills is all set up. My son STILL has no clue where we are going or what we will be doing there. *insert evil chuckle here* He saw that I had bought a new suitcase, and began to get curious. I decided to make the surprise more fun by playing a little game of clue with him. He can ask yes or no questions, and I have given him hints like "it will be between now and Christmas" and "it's happening on the West Coast" hehehe. This is fun. He is writing a list of clues as he gets them and I am waiting to see just how smart my son really is. Will he figure it out by the big day??? In order to up the ante, I bought him a Tony Hawk tech deck today and told him that the trip might have something to do with skating...He asked if we were going to Skateland U.S.A. (old stomping ground for me & the hubby back in the day). I just chuckled and said "no".

On the school front, homework has gotten much easier due to the teachers' enlarging his worksheets. He is still struggling with his reading which is somewhere in the early 5th grade level. Now that he has the right tools, he is beginning to read for pleasure once again. That is encouraging. If he sticks with it, I am sure his fluency and comprehension will improve.

Gabe is religious about taking his supplements, and we bought one of those nifty pill cases with all the days of the week on it. He got a kick out of it because he noticed the braille dots on the covers. It is amazing how you begin to notice things only when they suddenly become part of YOUR reality.  He is thinking ahead (WAY ahead) and has expressed that if & when he needs a service animal, he would like a German Shepherd. Good choice ;) Smart, loyal, fiercely protective, hard working, and beautiful. Just like my son. I couldn't think of a better fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment