Friday, October 8, 2010

Beiber Fever, Beverly Hills, & a mouse

Well, thanks to a friend who developed a sudden case of Tourettes, Gabe found out about the trip to Beverly Hills/Tony Hawk. He almost peed himself he was so excited. LOL :P Showed him pictures of the hotel we will be staying at and a video preview of what the skate event will be like. Packing the suitcases already. Mom has to look good for Rodeo Drive. My money should last about 4 miliseconds there...

Tonight is Gabe's first big concert at the Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu. Beieber fever has hit the island! Concert tickets sold out in 20 minutes when they went on sale last month. My friend and I conspired to get a VIP 4pack of the highly coveted tickets so Gabe gets to attend with his "girlfriend" Anu, neighbor friend Stevie, and the babysitter. I refuse to suffer thru Beiber...Heck I don't even know if I am spelling the poor kid's name right.

I had a "mom pity party" moment the other day. I was scrapping (scrap booking) and had to put together Gabe's last karate page. It was kind of sad because he won't be going back to karate. He was able to earn a green belt before CRD decreased his vision. I suppose he could have continued on for a bit, but he said "gee mom, how many blind senseis do you know?" Smart kid. Too smart. Besides, he wanted to take weapons training and of course that could not be done due to safety issues. On a brighter note, he is taking to the guitar nicely.

We are planning a family vacation to Disney World for Gabe's birthday which is December 15th. Seeing Mickey Mouse for birthday/Christmas should be very memorable for both of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment