Monday, October 18, 2010

Los Angeles IS city of Angels!

As I sit in the USO at LAX airport, I have just a moment to reflect upon the events of the past 3 days. First, Gabe and I were treated to a tour of LA by one of the angels in our life whom we met last year at Disney. Holly drove us around to see the Kodak theatre (think Oscars & red carpet), & also to see the walk of fame (all the stars). After lunch in the Hollywood Hard Rock Cafe, we drove down Rodeo Dr. (INCREDIBLE) We then retired to the hotel to chillax and wait for the main event! Gabe & I flew to LA to see & meet Tony Hawk, who is only one of the greatest skateboarders of..oh...I don't know...All time? My son was offered the opportunity of a lifetime by Lenore, director of Tony Hawk's fan club (also his big sister). He experienced VIP treatment at one of the most exclusive skate events of Tony Hawk's calendar in Beverly Hills. The Hawk family are all such good people...Gabe is returning home with memories that will last his lifetime as well as priceless memorabilia, all autographed. I am blown away by the generosity of the Hawk family & their willingness to reach out to my son to fulfill one of his dreams. I am forever in their debt. We will never forget all the acts of kindness we encountered in the city of Angels...

No comments:

Post a Comment